2018 ABA Business Law Section Annual Meeting
Morris Nichols is proud to sponsor the annual meeting of the American Bar Association’s Business Law Section. The three-day conference will take place in Austin, Tex. from September 13-15, 2018. Many Morris Nichols attorneys are active Business Law Section members and will attend the conference as speakers and committee leaders, sharing insights on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital, commercial lending, and business litigation disputes.
Three firm partners will speak in panel presentations at the conference.
- Former Vice Chancellor Don Parsons speaks in the session, “Considerations in Choosing Between a Transactions Attorney, Business Litigator or Former Judge as the Mediator of an M&A Dispute Involving a Distressed Company,” presented by the Dispute Resolution Committee on September 13.
- Susan Wood Waesco presents in the panel, “Business Divorce in Delaware, New York and California: Around the Horn,” presented by the Business and Corporate Litigation Committee and co-sponsored by the Business Bankruptcy & Judges initiative on September 14.
- Melissa DiVincenzo speaks in the session, “Successor Liability in Asset Acquisition Transactions,” presented by the M&A Committee on September 14.
Several Morris Nichols attorneys lead committees and task forces.
- Eric Klinger-Wilensky chairs the Private Equity and Venture Capital Committee. Patricia Vella will join Eric at the PEVC committee meeting on September 13, as she interviews Justice Randy J. Holland.
- Tricia Vella also co-chairs the Corporate Laws Committee Model Business Corporation Act “MBCA” Implementation and Outreach Task Force, serves as vice chair of the M&A Committee Public Companies Subcommittee and serves as co-chair of the M&A Committee Joint Task Force on Governance Issues in Business Combinations.
- Tarik Haskins co-chairs and will speak at the Secured Lending & Secured Transactions Joint Subcommittee Meeting presented by the Commercial Finance & Uniform Commercial Code committee on September 13.
- Don Parsons chairs the Business Law Advisors Committee.
- Melissa DiVincenzo serves as co-chair of the Private Company Model Merger Agreement Task Force.