Sustainability & Environmental AwarenessPDF
At Morris Nichols, we are committed to promoting environmental sustainability. We have launched a three-pronged approach to minimize the impact of the firm’s operations on the environment, as well as raise awareness and accountability for environmental sustainability across the firm.
Reducing Our Environmental Footprint
We are reducing our environmental impact in a number of ways including:
- Implementing a comprehensive, firm-wide recycling program;
- Installing water filtration units and reducing the consumption of single-use plastic bottles;
- Reducing the volume of copy paper used through duplex printing, electronic document review, and digital document management;
- Modernizing our fleet of printers to reduce energy consumption;
- Incorporating energy saving measures into the firm’s office space such as reflective window film on all exterior windows and a state-of-the-art automated lighting system, with T5 or LED bulbs and occupancy sensors in each workspace; and
- Promoting the use of technologies that provide alternatives to business travel such as video and web-based conferencing systems.
Implementing Sustainable Procurement Policies
We are analyzing the environmental impact of the products and services we buy as part of our procurement program and actively support the purchase of environmentally friendly products.
Promoting Employee Awareness and Accountability
We also appreciate the critical role our employees play in helping us meet our sustainability goals. Through regular awareness campaigns, we educate our employees about the environmental impact of their work and regularly encourage their input on how the firm can better promote a culture of sustainability.
Morris Nichols is a proud member of the Law Firm Sustainability Network, a nonprofit organization of law firms and legal departments committed to promoting the benefits of environmental sustainability and corporate social responsibility within their firms and throughout the legal industry.