Since 1930, Morris Nichols lawyers have shaped the business-friendly legislation that now applies to more than half of the world’s largest corporations and a half-million other organizations formed in Delaware. We continue that tradition today, crafting the statutes the Delaware courts interpret and litigating the cases that shape the common law.
Our lawyers have served as members of the judiciary, presidents of the State Bar Association, and chairs of statutory drafting committees. Morris Nichols lawyers are members of the council that drafts and considers amendments to the Delaware General Corporation Law. Partners serve on the Delaware Court of Chancery Rules Committee, the Delaware Supreme Court Rules Committee, and US Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware Local Rules Committee. Morris Nichols alumni include four former Chancellors of the Court of Chancery, a former member of the Delaware Supreme Court, a current member of the Delaware Superior Court, and a current member of the US District Court for the District of Delaware.
- Firm History - 2021 - Landmark Victory for Anthem in High-Profile Merger Litigation
- Firm History - 2020 - Morris Nichols Celebrates 90th Anniversary
- Firm History - 2018 - Groundbreaking agreement transfers the operations of the Port of Wilmington to a private party.
- Firm History - 1990 - Bankruptcy Practice Grows with Work from Continental Airlines
- Firm History - 1981 - Delaware's Financial Center Development Act
- Firm History - 1980s - Leadership Role in Crafting and Securing Passage of Delaware's Director Protection Legislation and Its Anti-Takeover Statute
Chambers USA 2022 and Chambers High Net Worth 2022 Recognizes Morris Nichols in Band 1 for Delaware Bankruptcy, Chancery, Corporate/M&A & Alternative Entities, Intellectual Property and Private Wealth Law
Recognized as a Law360 Delaware Regional Powerhouse in 2022
Recognized in 2022 by The Legal 500 for M&A litigation and M&A/corporate and commercial.
32 Morris Nichols Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022
11 Morris Nichols Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in 2023 Delaware Super Lawyers
Ranked by Benchmark Litigation in top band for Delaware law firms
Ranked a “Gold” IP law firm by Intellectual Asset Management in its IAM Patent 1000
Ranked in the top Delaware bands by IFLR United States for M&A and restructuring and insolvency