Morris Nichols represents a broad range of clients before legislative bodies and city, state and federal agencies.
Our clients include governmental entities, as well as banks, trust companies, insurance companies and public utilities in commercial transactions, and before regulatory authorities and state, county, and local governments.
We are active participants in drafting legislation and regulations and provide ongoing review of legislative developments. We also advise state public sector clients in matters involving financing transactions, litigation, bidding procedures and other matters of Delaware law.
- Media Mention, 11.03.2022
Morris Nichols was selected for inclusion in a range of Delaware business law categories including corporate law and transactions; bankruptcy and reorganizations; and M&A, IP and patent litigation.
- Media Mention, 08.18.2022
The Best Lawyers in America has released its 2023 edition, listing 35 attorneys from Morris Nichols. The results are based on peer-review evaluations from more than 71,000 eligible attorneys.
- Media Mention, 11.04.2021
The 2022 edition of U.S. News - Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” ranks Delaware law firm Morris Nichols in 25 areas.
- Media Mention, 08.19.2021
The Best Lawyers in America has released its 2022 edition, listing thirty-two attorneys from Morris Nichols. The results are based on peer-review evaluations from more than 66,000 eligible attorneys.
- Morris Nichols Ranked in Twenty-Six Practice Areas in 2021 U.S. News - Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms”Firm News, 11.05.2020
Morris Nichols was selected for inclusion in a range of Delaware business law areas, listed below, as well as a national tier for “Litigation – Mergers & Acquisitions.” The rankings are based on a combination of client feedback, survey responses, and peer review.
- Firm News, 08.20.2020
Thirty-one Morris Nichols attorneys were recognized in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. The results are based on peer-review evaluations from more than 67,000 eligible attorneys.
- Michael Houghton Appointed Chair of National Law Group’s New Study Committee on Mitigation of Public Health Emergency Business DisruptionsFirm News, 05.04.2020
Wilmington, DE (May 4, 2020) - Michael Houghton, a partner with Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP, has been appointed Chair of the new Uniform Law Commission (ULC) Study Committee on Mitigation of Public Health Emergency Business Disruptions.
- Governor John Carney Issues Executive Order 21 Implementing Budget Smoothing Recommendations of Advisory Panel to DEFAC, chaired by Morris Nichols Partner Mike HoughtonFirm News, 06.30.2018
On June 30, Governor John Carney signed an executive order directing the state budget office and the panel that sets Delaware's official revenue forecast to implement the recommendations of an Advisory Panel to the Delaware Economic and Financial Advisory Council (DEFAC) on “budget smoothing.”
- Governor Recognizes Michael Houghton’s Contribution to Advisory Panel to DEFAC Report on Fiscal Controls and Budget SmoothingFirm News, 05.16.2018
- Firm News, 06.19.2015
- Firm News, 11.20.2014
- Media Mention, 07.01.2014
- Article, Delaware Business magazine, 01.01.2020
The dominance of Delaware in entity formations, especially corporations, is well known. But why is this the case, what goes into making - and keeping - the “Delaware Brand?”