1939-2018 - Longstanding Service to the BenchPDF
Movement from the bench to the bar and vice versa has been a hallmark of Morris Nichols since its beginning. Judge Hugh Morris left the federal bench on June 30, 1930 to establish the firm. In 1958, Judge James M. Tunnell, Jr., a former Delaware Supreme Court justice, joined the firm. George Burton Pearson left Morris Nichols for the Delaware Court of Chancery, becoming its first Vice Chancellor. In later years, Walter K. Stapleton left the firm for the federal bench, Randy J. Holland left the firm for the State Supreme Court, and William T. Allen, William B. Chandler, and Donald F. Parsons left the firm for the Court of Chancery. Most recently, in 2018, Judge Maryellen Noreika left Morris Nichols to join the US District Court for the District of Delaware.