Webinar: Unclaimed Property Risks: Reporting Doesn’t Ensure Full Compliance
For many organizations, filing annual unclaimed property reports and escheating eligible property is the extent of their compliance program. However, filing a report doesn’t always ensure compliance. Even companies with robust reporting histories have learned this the hard way, through intrusive and expensive third-party audits.
Join Morris Nichols and Keane on Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. EST for a 60-minute webinar that will detail the practices and procedures your organization should be following to uncover and mitigate hidden unclaimed property risks that may not be part of the standard reporting process.
Morris Nichols partners Michael Houghton and Donna Culver, together with Keane’s Debbie Zumoff and Ann Fulmer will address:
- Common reporting errors, areas of risks, and red flags
- The importance of conducting self-audits or risk assessments
- An update on voluntary compliance opportunities, such as those in Delaware
- The impact of recent litigation on audits and enforcement
- Recent efforts to revise the 1995 Uniform Unclaimed Property Act