12th Annual Commercial Loan Finance & Security Conference
Morris Nichols Business Reorganization & Restructuring partner Eric Schwartz will serve as a panel speaker for Cross Border Lending in 2011: Critical Issues for Lenders and Borrowers at the 12th Annual Commercial Loan Finance & Security Conference, November 29-30, 2010, in Toronto, Canada.
Eric’s panel will discuss:
- Current status of U.S. credit markets vs. Canadian credit markets;
- Changes to the Canadian withholding tax regime and resulting changes to the Canadian credit landscape;
- Recent noteworthy U.S. case law developments and the potential impact of these in Canada;
- Overview of key differences between perfecting liens in the U.S. vs. Canada (including where to register financing statements);
- Dividing the collateral between fixed assets and working capital assets: some key intercreditor issues to consider;
- Key differences between U.S. bankruptcy rules and process vs. Canada.
Joining Eric is J. Scott Victor, Managing Director, SSG Capital Advisors, LLC and Michael Bertrand, Partner, Goodmans LLP. The Commercial Loan Finance & Security Conference, produced by The Canadian Institute, annually provides lenders, borrowers and their legal and other advisers with the latest strategies to strengthen underwriting practices and to ensure strong protection of their financial interests.