PLI M&A Litigation 2013
Bill Lafferty, Morris Nichols corporate and business litigation group partner, will serve as Institute Faculty and will speak on the New Trends in Controlling Stockholder Litigation panel at the Practising Law Institute’s (PLI) half-day program M&A Litigation 2013 at the PLI Center in New York City, June 27, 2013. The on-site seminar will also be webcast live.
Bill’s panel will address:
- Invoking (or Escaping) Entire Fairness Review in Third-Party Deals
- When are stockholders “competing” with one another for “portions of consideration” under Hammons?
- How have infoGroup and Synthes changed the landscape?
- When does Lynch’s concern about retaliation dissipate?
- How do Delaware courts treat control premium
- Attacking and Defending Controlling Stockholder Takeouts
- Did Southern Peru kill the benefit of the burden shift under Lynch?
- How has the “unified standard” changed the landscape?
- Does a Special Committee need the full power and authority of the Board?
Joining Bill are co-panelists Hon. Henry duPont Ridgely, Justice, Delaware Supreme Court, Anne C. Foster from Richards, Layton & Finger PA, and Stuart J. Baskin from Shearman & Sterling LLP.
PLI’s M&A Litigation 2013 is a program directed toward litigators and deals attorneys at all levels of experience, as well as in-house counsel at companies that face M&A litigation.