Michael J. Slobom, Jr.
Michael is an associate with the Corporate & Commercial Litigation practice. His litigation practice involves disputes primarily before the Delaware Court of Chancery and the Superior Court of Delaware.
Prior to joining Morris Nichols, Michael gained valuable experience as a law clerk to the Honorable Andrea L. Rocanelli of the Superior Court of Delaware and as a judicial extern to the Honorable John E. Jones III of the US District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
While in law school, Michael served as editor-in-chief of the Dickinson Law Review and was awarded champion and top defense advocate in the school’s mock trial competition.
News & Insights
- Publication, Supreme Court of the State of Delaware, 2021
Four Morris Nichols colleagues contributed to the revised edition.
- Article, Reuters Legal News and Westlaw Today , 09.27.2021
Section 220 provides stockholders with a powerful tool for investigating corporate wrongdoing — one that Delaware courts have repeatedly implored stockholders to use before pursuing potential claims. Recent Chancery decisions suggest that defendants should not chalk up the fee-shifting decision to a one-off.
- Article, Dickinson Law Review, Winter 2018
Professional & Civic
Delaware State Bar Association
- Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Andrea L. Rocanelli, Superior Court of Delaware, 2019-2020
- Judicial Extern to the Honorable John E. Jones III, US District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2018
Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, JD, 2019
Dickinson Law Review, editor-in-chief
Woolsack Honor Society
California State University, Fullerton, BA, political science, 2013
Moot Court Team, national competitor
- Delaware, 2020
- Pennsylvania, 2020