Business Development and Marketing Assistant
The Business Development and Marketing (BDM) Assistant works with the BDM Director and Manager, lawyers, and other members of the administrative team to support the firm’s marketing and business development-related initiatives. The role primarily reports to the BDM Manager, but from time-to-time and on certain tasks will report directly to the BDM Director.
- Marketing Communications/Collateral: Works with the attorneys to update and maintain written materials for use in the firm’s marketing and business development initiatives as well as internal communications. Tasks may include:
- Formatting and distributing email alerts.
- Updating marketing and business development collateral materials including firm and attorney biographies, practice descriptions, brochures, and electronic alerts.
- Updating internal templated materials used in firm communications, such as invitations and newsletters.
- Assisting with routine PowerPoint creation and formatting.
- CRM/ERM Data Stewardship: Performs data integrity processes and supports targeted clean-up efforts, such as:
- Proactively tracks marketing and business development activities in CRM.
- Monitors, tracks, and reports on email campaigns using email marketing platform.
- Independently completes monthly matter data import and reconciliation.
- Reviews and commits appropriate contacts to the firm’s ERM system.
- Reconciles email bounces; updates contact and company records as appropriate.
- Supports ongoing event and holiday card marketing list creation and editing.
- Sponsorships/Charitable Contributions: Coordinates fulfillment of sponsorship benefits including check request, table seating, advertisement, logo, etc.
- Events: Supports director and manager in hosting and promoting BDM events. Distributes marketing communications, tracks attendees. Coordinates event logistics implementation (such as name badges and shipping supplies) and provides on-site support.
- Completes regular updates to existing firm website content, including practice area descriptions, attorney biographies, and related news items.
- Pitch/Proposals: Understands and supports the pitch/proposal process.
- Assists with assembling off-the-shelf marketing materials.
- Supports production and tracking of pitch efforts.
- General Administrative: Support business development and marketing efforts with general administrative tasks. Enter and update tasks in task management software as appropriate.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years clerical or office-related experience desired.
- Written and verbal communication skills; grammar, spelling and proofreading.
- Client-service focused. Ability to work independently while participating as a team member.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities required to prioritize a high volume of tasks or competing priorities.
- Ability to build credibility with partners and associates, and to build strong relationships with members of the business operations team.
- Adept with various forms of technology. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Design or comparable graphic design programs a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate professionally with outside vendors, staff and other departments.
- Proven track record of reliability and responsibility.
Interested candidates may submit resume to Eileen Ricci, HR Manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Morris Nichols is an equal opportunity employer and values the talents and perspectives of our diverse team of professional staff, which enhance our ability to successfully serve our clients. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.