Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP seeks a full-time Legal Assistant to support its Bankruptcy practice group. The successful candidate for the role will be technologically savvy, have an intellectual curiosity for the law, and will work well under pressure in a team setting. This individual will proactively seek out ways to bring broad support and greater efficiencies to a fast-paced, sophisticated practice.
- Compiling, preparing and summarizing written materials for use by attorneys in all phases of bankruptcy litigation
- Drafting of routine court documents for attorney review and approval
- Preparation of pleadings and other docketed material for service and filing, with a particular emphasis on electronic filing of documents using the Bankruptcy Court’s CM/ECF system and related filing platforms
- Maintaining case files and tracking/managing document discovery
- Updating and otherwise managing attorney calendars with particular attention to court dates and other relevant case-related deadlines
- Indexing, tracking and otherwise controlling exhibits and other materials for depositions, hearings or trials
- Performing general administrative support functions as needed to meet deadlines and further the objectives of the practice group
Required Education and Experience
- Strong organizational and administrative skills; detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of business software products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Team-focused: willing to perform any level of support task in order to meet the needs of the practice group as a whole
- Technologically savvy: able to quickly master various software programs (e.g., court filing software, law firm billing and time-entry software, legal/business research platforms)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate professionally with a wide variety of audiences, including Firm leadership and court personnel
- Availability to meet the needs of a busy litigation practice, including regular overtime work when necessary to meet client and court deadlines
- Self-motivated; strong ability to anticipate issues proactively and deliver a high degree of customer service
- Proven track record of reliability and responsibility
- Associate’s degree or paralegal certificate required; Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred
Interested candidates may submit resume to Eileen Ricci, HR Manager, via email at HumanResources@morrisnichols.com.
Morris Nichols is an equal opportunity employer and values the talents and perspectives of our diverse team of professional staff, which enhance our ability to successfully serve our clients. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.